Thanksgiving has come and passed.
In the quiet of the aftermath of giggling (and crying) kids, football playing on TV in the background, the sound of dishes being hand washed in the sink; I tried to remember the Thanksgivings before Jake and Violet.
I was surprised how hard I had to think.
I realized how much has changed, and how much things will continue to change.
I thought of the family members that once were, and all the new family that are now.
How one day, I'm going to be part of the were, and people I can't even imagine, will be part of the now.
And even though namesakes have come and gone, we're still family.
It doesn't get much better than that.

This is so sweet! And what an adorable photo of the kiddos.
ReplyDeleteErik and I had a moment at Thanksgiving where we realized that Avery is now big enough to play with her cousins without us needing to go check on her every few minutes. It was kind of crazy to think that this was her 4th Thanksgiving. I'm pretty sure I just had her yesterday. : )
oh my god, best picture, ever!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving.
This post caused me to reflect on Thanksgivings past...remembering times gone by and people passed on....being thankful for the then AND the now. :)
ReplyDeleteViolet is so cute!!! This was my first Thanksgiving as a wife... so thankful for having my own little family now! :)
ReplyDeletexoxo, Ana
everytime i see v's hair in pigtails i die. also i think the same thing all the time...how hard it is to remember life before kenny? its like he always was or something.
ReplyDelete