Monday, May 20, 2013

Tea. DIY.


Life is sometimes unexpected as we all know,
when my mind doesn't want to comprehend our human complexities 
I rely on nature and her warmth to ground me.

Some of my most simple pleasures have been found in what the earth can give me.
Recently it's chamomile tea.
My grandpa used to grow these little beauties, dry and steep them over hot water.
Chamomile can be paired with mint and even lavender. 
It's delightful, faint in flavor and oh-so-refreshing.

8 comments:

  1. lavender and chamomile! why didn't I think of that?! it sounds perfect. I've been making my own mint tea lately because I have more mint than I know what to do with.

    I agree - there is something so simple and pleasing about enjoying something you have cultivated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mint can be obnoxious (though we use it frequently) I can't seem to get my plant under control! And yes! Lavender and Chamomile is quite the pair. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Have you heard that they say chamomile tastes like cat's pee? But i so like the taste of it too, it tastes like summer plant. Well it IS a plant one might say...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ella, I have never heard of chamomile tasting like cat pee- maybe that happens when they steep the flower too long? sounds unfortunate!:)

      Delete
  3. The sunny and fertile Central Valley is once again putting everyone else's store bought junk to shame. You're lucky you can grow pretty much whatever you want, hardly anyone has the same luxury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's true! we have great land, I learn not to take it for granted. even in 110 degree ;)

      Delete
  4. mmmm. i never thought about growing my own chamomile. such a brilliant idea. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS