 |
| I love the spring. We have been spending most of our days outside, cleaning up our yard. Take a look at Jake's crazy tough guy beard. Holy Moly. |
 |
| I spent the good part of our morning cleaning out all the unnecessary toys and reclaimed my blanket box. She claims this is her new "nest". |
 |
| I have been rearranging my house. I was so happy to finally find a spot for this old table. My grandpa was an antique dealer in his day, so I have many of his salvaged (and unfinished) pieces. |
 |
| I think she's a natural :) |
 |
| Lots of hours at the local coffee shop plugging away at homework. We recently took the queen bed out of the guest room and put Jake's old twin in hopes to create a sufficient study place for me. I am easily distracted in our living room dining area. And if I try to study our bedroom, it seems like naps get the best of me. |
 |
| We have SO MUCH LETTUCE! Want some? I have been eating a salad every day this week. |
 |
| The day's harvest. Broccoli and crisp fresh green lettuce. YUM. |
 |
| Lunch from our bounty. Yes. That's Violet standing on the table. She seems to have taken creative control. |
 |
| Jake is not a leisurely person. I don't know how I convinced him to go down town to my favorite spot this morning but I did. We ran into our friend Jordan who lives in the lofts next door. He even said, "This is not like you guys to be out." Then we proceeded to make fun of my dear husband, "don't you have a chicken coop to build? Where is your pick axe? You're not living if your not working.." Glad we sneak away from the yard just for a bit. |
 |
| We made our way to the Yoshi Now warehouse. Yoshi Now is an AMAZING second hand store in down town Fresno. Yoshi is kind enough to open it up to the public. It's probably the size of two football fields of every imaginable vintage item you could think of. I was in heaven. |
 |
| want. |
 |
| We walked away with a large sun hat (for Jake) and office chair, and this blue beauty all for 25 dollars. You just can't go wrong at Yoshi now. |
Hope you are enjoying the weekend, friends. Until next time.
I died over Violet's turquoise dress! She looks so stinkin' cute. And I love that you have a garden that actually produces yummy stuff. I'm so jealous. I never thought I'd get the gardening bug...but when we move into a different space I will demand some backyard space so I can garden.
ReplyDeleteLoved this post! I hope you have a good rest of your weekend! XO
PS. BEARDS ARE AWESOME ;)
E, I bought violet that dress last year as a symbol of my hatred of all pink frilly Easter dresses. I can't believe it still fits her. It's my favorite dress she has :) I bought it at baby gap so maybe you can find it in kids sizes ;) hey! Also! Get a little metal bucket, some dirt and some warm OK sun and you can have your first mini garden:) tomatoes or pepper should do well!
DeleteI am having severe garden envy! It's below freezing here today, with a little snow...but we'll be able to plant our garden in about a month! : )
ReplyDeleteI heard there was snow in the pacific north west! That means you'll have an extra green spring :) its so dry here, I wouldn't mind snow at all!
Delete1. Violet's dress.... I want it in my size!
ReplyDelete2. I wish I had all that lettuce!
3. Why does everyone but me always find good, cheap treasures?! haha
Great post :)
1. You're tiny. Go to gap kids and I'm sure a size 14 will suit you just fine :)
Delete2. Please, please take some lettuce. I'm sick of salad!
3. I've been looking for a chair like that (under 50.00) for almost a year! Good things take time :)
Xoxo
:))) what a great weekend! the best is the beautiful salad with Violet's feet in the background :) and I love beards too (love the first picture) - too bad my husband would never grow one...
ReplyDeleteIsn't it nice how it's "springing" early this year? I think it's to compensate the lack of spring of last year!
ReplyDeleteI'm so jealous of all the lettuce and broccoli. And of Violet's sunglasses.
One day I'll have a space for a real garden (not only cilantro and parsley like I have now) and a cute garden helper like that! Love your pictures! What's your Instagram username?