Monday, December 5, 2011

everything else in between

The winter days are shorter indeed. 
We wake up and somewhere in between playing doctor to stuffed animals, eating pretend "shpa-netthi", going on a long bike ride pulling the baby trailer behind me, I quickly lose track of the day. Where did my day go?   
And how have I managed to not talk to a single adult until 6:00 when Jake gets home?

Don't be confused. I am not complaining.  
From the time I felt Violet's first little flutter of a kick in my belly I imagined having conversations with her.  
I thought of all the funny things I thought she might say, singing songs together, dancing, and teaching her everything I know under the sun. 
 And now that day is here, I think: Is there anything better than this?

Sure, a LOT of days are harder than others. We have three first born children living under one roof. That's three people trying to boss each other around. 
Tempers flair, tears are shed, and it seems like we are all trying to negotiate our way ( I'm not just talking about Violet. We ALL are hard headed in this family).


 With graduate school starting again in January I am reminded even more, that this time in our lives in short.



 I desperately absorb, the tempers, negotiations, tears, singing, dancing, laughing 
 and everything in between.


And even then, I can't imagine anything better.

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe how big Violet looks in these photos. Such a little grown up. I'm so excited for you to be back in school. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, these are the times and they are going by way too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Believe when you hear the phrase "Time goes by so fast." because it is true. God's blessings too you. Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh!! ken and i are both firstborns. god help us when we have our firstborn. apparently eldest kids aren't supposed to marry each other. :) wooooops.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS