You don't sit still in Shafter. Even in 110 degree heat.
 |
| Target practicing (yes my target it Jake) |
 |
| The lawn just HAD to be cut. |
 |
| I haven't felt this hot since I was pregnant. A clingy toddler can help you remember that. |
 |
| My hair in its natural state. Yikes. |
 |
| As the sun started to set, we decided to take a bike ride through the almond and cherry orchards. We all excepted a wave of coolness that usually accompanies us through the water soaked crops. We were in no such luck, a cloud of thick, sticky, heavy water filled heat followed us on our 5 mile ride. The faster we went, the more I felt I was being swallowed by the damp air. |
 |
| The heat of the valley. It wouldn't be home with out it. |
I LOVE the photos of Violet and her (grandpa?) painting! So awesome!
ReplyDeleteI love your hair! Gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteYour HAIR is GORGEOUS.
ReplyDeleteOh, that hot hot heat. I'm craving Fall. ;)
that first photo made me said, "ouch!".
ReplyDeleteI love when kids paint, I hope you hang the painting on your wall.
You have gorgeous hair, I'm jealous!
sunsets are beautiful aren't they.
I used to give Avery canvases to paint on too! Those canvases are so special to me!
ReplyDeleteI hope you guys get some relief from the heat this week. These photos are beautiful though, and I'm loving your hair! : )
can I just be inappropriate for a minute & say that I'm really digging Jake's beard? :] Love the picture of V & The Dude. haha!
ReplyDeleteHey Kathleen,
ReplyDeletei am in the same state of mind - it is very hot in Israel right now- try to cool down with ice cream, cold smoothies and fruit popsicles... i love your picture longboarding! Beautiful legs! :) Enjoy the cool evenings!
Thanks for the hair support ladies :) My whole life I have straightened my hair, I think It's time to embrace when I have!
ReplyDeleteHollie- I keep forgetting to tell him (my father in law) that he resembles THE DUDE! He'd love it. And about Jake's beard. He is going on a hike in a couple weeks and wants to resemble John Muir. I love his beard, and I'll be sure to tell him "hollie from texas likes it too" (that's how i refer to you , HA!)
johi! I have been making homemade Popsicles, they really do hit the spot :) My parents have a pool, we have been spending a lot of time there too. Keep cool!
ahhhhhh i love her diaper butt!!! and your hair au natural looks amazeballs.
ReplyDelete110? wow, i can't complain about our miami heat.
ReplyDeleteyour hair is absolutely beautiful in its natural state.
Woman, your hair is beautiful. I have been trying to grow mine out forever- but that's just it, it grows out, not down.
ReplyDeleteViolet is a master painter. Intriguing work:-) Is that dog she is walking by any chance an Aussie? He reminds me of my late dog, Oscar (a red merle Aussie). He had the same smile as the dog in your photograph:-)
'Looks like it would've been a good day to be a toddler running around in a diaper.
ReplyDeleteIt's funny that everyone likes my hair because when I look at it in the mirror I feel like a matted down lion that has been avoiding the salon for 6 MONTHS. in fact, after going back and looking at these pictures I finally made an appointment. My hair dresser kindly kept saying, "you need to come more often. HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN? Girl what is going on with your hair??" also, I some peek a boo high lights underneath that have not been touched up in about 18 months. needless to say, it was a 2 hour appointment :)
ReplyDeleteA Capelli- mojave is an aussie! She's great. She's my sister in law's dog. We have an aussie too, his name is Joe-Sam (it's kinda trashie I know, there is a story behind the name).
Lovely pictures! I feel your pain in this heat. BTW, I would KILL for hair like yours. Seriously.
ReplyDeleteyour photos are absolutely gorgeous!! although i'm not sure how you can stand being outside in 110 degree heat let alone getting active in it. i'm pretty sure i would be sitting inside my fridge eating ice cream the whole time.
ReplyDeleteps - i love your hair!! and i'm not just being nice because we're friends, i actually genuinely like it. it's supermodel in the jungle hair.
Aww, you're such a pretty mama! I remember those summers, apparetly I brought one to Okla this year. Boo! You folks are making it look delightful!
ReplyDeleteyou're so beautiful and funny! your blog is one of my favorites. just wanted to let you know :)
ReplyDelete