Today was a great way to end the weekend as well as the month. We finally planted out winter garden.
Our crops include a selection of: carrots, broccoli,spinach, brussel sprouts, red leaf lettuce, chives, butter lettuce, cauliflower, celery and red cabbage.
We usually have to work int he garden in shifts because of our wild flower Violet. This usually causes garden jealousy with whomever is on "duty". We've tried having Violet outside with us, but this usually results in rocks in mouth, and or cat poop/cactus in hand. But this time, THIS TIME when violet was sleeping, we gardened. Together. sigh.
Later that day we met up with Tim, Nikki & Sophia and of course Funcle Jordan (funcle=funny uncle) for some Halloween festivities in Tower District.
![]() |
| Does anyone else get legitimately frightened by the pumpkin man in the background? I DO! |
![]() | |
| I'm trying to sneak attack Violet with her Thing 1 hat. |
Aren't Violet and Sophia's costumes cute? Nikki and I made them. The red top and bottom are from target. The white circle in the middle is fabric we cut out and hand stitched on. I knit the hats and added little tassels on top.
Pretty close, don't you think?
Happy Halloween Everyone, and Happy November tomorrow!






they are so cute!! I'm kinda glad Oct is over. This was an unusally busy month for us, and I'm so ready for things to slow down just a bit. I'm jealous of your winter garden.
ReplyDeleteLove the costumes!
ReplyDeleteYou have really beautiful children and are very lucky. Love the photos.
ReplyDeletewindowshopz.com
Beautiful blog and family! And nice to meet you! Here for the second time now :).
ReplyDeletexoxox
juliana
so glad to meet you too juliana, welcome! :]
ReplyDeleteOh man! Garden ENVY. Also costume envy.
ReplyDelete