It's a typical Tuesday afternoon in Kern County. Extremely hot, muggy, the sky seems to be even more grey than normal. Kathleen is venturing out of Shafter with Violet for their scheduled "two week check up".
Important/Non important facts:
- Kathleen was told she shouldn't be driving for at least six weeks. It's been two.
- Violet's car seat seems to weight 157 lbs
- Violet's primary doctor is out of town, so she will be seeing Dr. French (whom she has never has met) for this particular appointment.
- Kathleen pictures Dr. French in a black and white stripped shirt with a red french barret
1:32 pm Kathleen and Violet patiently await the parisian doctor in the waiting room.
1:38 pm In walks Dr. French. Approxmently 45 years old. African American, was not wearing french barret, or striped shirt... also, no french accent. She also had elf ears.
Dr. French: "What are feeding your child??"
NO INTRODUCTION what-so-ever
Kathleen: "uhh well, I am pumping about 3 bottles of breast milk a day and supplementing her with formula"
Dr. French: " WHY?"
Kathleen: explains in full detail (I'm sparing you the nitty gritty)
Dr. French: "Well she looks kind of BIG, she's gained alot of weight"
Kathleen: "um.. well, I feed her when she wants to be fed. Are you saying she is over weight?"
Dr. French: "No, no, that's not what I'm saying. She needs to only be fed on the breast. Here is what I suggest, try not feeding her for two days straight, then she won't have any other option but to breast feed."
Kathleen: "You don't want me to feed her for whole days?"
Dr. French: " Yes, it's not like she is going to DIE you know..."
We shake our fists at you Dr. French...

haha I love the ending picture!
ReplyDeleteyeah that picture is amazing.
ReplyDeletestupid doctor doesn't know what she's talking about. Rule #1 of parenting: FEED THE BABY
ReplyDeletesheesh.
favorite post
ReplyDelete