I was cleaning out some old files on the computer and I came across these beauties.
 |
| Jake took this picture of me before we were. And quite well before we were even engaged. In fact, I think this might be on my 22 birthday, outside of my parent's house. We had just come back from a weekend trip to visit aunt Ani in San Fransisco. Our love was new here, it was like we had just tasted something we thought no one else had ever experienced before. |
 |
| Our beautiful honeycomb bathroom in our first (rented) home in Shafter. I wanted to take a picture and remember it exactly how it was. Perfectly arched doorways, tile running half way up the ceiling. |
 |
| My mother in law. She would always talk to strangers. And not just talk, but get to know strangers. I swear, she could make anyone tell her anything. That's the first memory I have of Ruth, "the question lady". I've stingingly missed lately. When Violet sings songs she learns in preschool, or says something totally off the wall and goofy, if I let my mind wander to far I feel and ache in my heart knowing Ruth isn't here to experience our sweet little flower. She would love her, they would love each other. |
Seemingly average pictures, I suppose, but to me, they are fragrant of a special time in my life.
In our life.
Loved this so much. So sweet. I'm sorry to hear about your mother in law. I couldn't imagine.
ReplyDeleteThank you Ethaney. I will be five years this September. It's funny how even after that long you still feel the need to make emotional adjustments. Thanks as always, for reading along :)
DeleteI love old pictures. The imperfect ones, the ones that are really of nothing in particular, those are the best. These are especially beautiful because of the memories.
ReplyDeleteyou said it perfectly, stephanie. thank you.
DeleteLOVED this.
ReplyDeletethank you hollie <3
Delete:)
ReplyDeletei love these. every last bit of them.
ReplyDeleteAWW! Such sweet memories!
ReplyDeleteYou just keep doing it. You hit that emotional little spot in me that every time. Reading your blog makes me see Aunt Ruth just smile, or laugh, or that little Canadian twang she kept after all those years. Her busy gestures that were always so fluid in the midst of making dinner or calling a friend, scolding one of her rascals or mopping up a mess. Somehow, she could do all of those-at once. A family and community legend, we all miss her, don't we?
ReplyDelete