Thursday, September 8, 2011

Don't be anything else..


or

like mother like daughter?


Dear Violet,

Please always remember, that no matter what family member you resemble at any given stage in life. You are uniquely, you.  You are not just a set of your mom's eye's or similar similar energy we both get from being in groups of people. You are more than your dad's coloring and inflatable zeal. You my sweet girl, are unparalleled to anything else on this earth. You are Violet,  in boundless species of flora of the fields. I promise to not let the comparisons get in the way of you, being you.

Love, Mom



7 comments:

  1. This is so, so sweet!

    I look a LOT like my dad, and when I was growing up people would tell me I looked exactly like him all the time. My dad would always tell me later "You look like YOU. You are your very own person."

    So very important for kids to hear. Especially little girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely tell that she has features that resemble both of you. :]

    One of my biggest pet peeves is when people tell me that Emma acts just like me, or that I'm being re-payed for my orneriness as a child. I really just want to punch people that say it. Individualist should be her middle name. lol

    I hope you guys have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie- your dad gave good advice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. she really does totally have your eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely! My grandfather used to always tell us when the family was assessing the resemblances in a new baby, "He looks like himself."

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautifully expressed, she'll cherish them one day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. simply beautiful. What a wonderful mother you are!

    i have just been reading ' how to raise your spirited child' in an attempt to love my boy much like you have just expressed.

    inspiring!

    xo em

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS