Monday, February 7, 2011

the sweetness of life this week (via instragram!)

I have been looking for these shoes ever since we moved (a year and a half ago) and FINALLY today I found them in a box, in the garage on a shelf I couldn't reach. I got a chair, and three text tooks and got them down. My life, is now. complete.
I recently purchased three patterns via etsy.com, I'm hoping to create some cute little 'fits for violet this spring (more to come on THAT later)
my lunch for the past 3 days (yes in a row) persian cucumbers, lahmajoon (flat bread with meat, parsley, spices) labne with armenian bread ( labne is strained yogurt,  also called kefir cheese...I add salt and olive oil... i'm drooling right now)

Jake and I read together before we go to bed. Lately, it's been a lot of John Muir and I've been having dreams about climbing half dome. My dad also just bought me (upon request) all of Marin Lurther King Jr. Speeches and memoirs, I haven't begun to hack into it yet, but it's my goal to finish by the end of the year.

meet elle the elephant, she's my latest addition to the kitchen. we love her and tj maxx where she was salvaged from.



It has been so warm in california (sorry to everyone caught in a storm!) .Today the weather peeked at 70. we have been spending a lot of time outside in the garden, or even taking walks up and down our street (this is violet's new favorite thing to do). 

Violet vs. Lilly (the dog). Our neighbors have the cutest little puppy that violet has grown very found of. Every time we take walks outside she waltzes right up to our neighbors door,  pats her hand against the wood (as if she is knocking ) and says "dog dog dog dog dog dog dog dog dog".

13 comments:

  1. I love your shoes. And the teapot. And Violet's shoes!

    I went shopping today with Emma and she saw and forced me to buy a little wooden elephant for her room. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had those shoes since she was born and i've been waiting and waiting for the day the fit. :)

    Darn that emma, making you buy cute wooden elephants... sounds like she has good taste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was trying to make her like an owl better. She didn't want anything to do with it. Already my arch nemesis.

    Aww, now she's going to grow right out of them! I get a little depressed when Emma outgrows stuff I really like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that teapot too!! Love the shoes - I can see why your life is complete with them :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh I love her outfit! I have the cutest niece ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love instragam, wonderful effects!
    I love elephants (we believe they bring good luck.

    It's inspiring to see your reading list.

    last photo is darling, "give me five Violet!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. you and jake are stupidly smart (love a good oxymoron) with your nighttime reads.

    i read a wonderful mlk autobiography in college. inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love that teapot!! it was on my christmas wish list for the last two years {i still don't have it though}. and your lunch is making me drool too! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of this! And I can never get over how beautiful your little lady is. Just like her mama! :) I'm glad you're enjoying this weather, too. Have a greta week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. meghan, where is this teapot originally from?

    elisa, instagram is so fun, and so addicting.

    vanessa, i think they are sold out! i bought them in December for Jake's christmas present... are they sold out?

    Kristina, you're sweet and always put a little smile on my face I'm glad we're "blogfriends" :]

    ReplyDelete
  11. I kind of want to read Freire again. I read it before I had kids. I think it should be one of those books you read as you prepare for parenting.

    ps. I want you lunch

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been reading through your back log of older posts. Love your blog so much! It makes me homesick for the central valley. I didn't know people with tastes such as yours still lived out there!

    Paulo Freire, Pedagogy of the Oppressed changed my life! And John Muir?? AMERICAN HERO! Love your literary selection.

    New found respect, for you lady!

    ReplyDelete
  13. crystle! there are more *quality* people in the central valley than you think. I'm friends with most of them :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS