Thank you! We were getting on each others nerves yesterday so we went out side and I just let her get muddy :) It was good for both our our souls. You should read One Magic Square its a great book on gardening in small spaces.
ooooo so jealous of your winter garden, i only have green onions left, but i'm planning out my spring garden, so sweet tht you are getting violet involved in her food
oh my gosh, these photos are so cute! she looks like a rabbit hopping around the garden. :)
i need to check out that book you recommended to superhappyjohi. we have a teeny square of dirt in our front courtyard and we've been trying to decide what to do with it. we thought about a little garden, but you know, it's southern CA and that might be too much work. but i love the idea of walking outside and collecting food for dinner.
kim, my dad grew up in burbank literally a few blocks from WB studios. My grandpa grew vegetables that always did so well, it was the perfect little urban garden. You can TOTALLY do it. Do you like tomatoes? They do really well in LA weather, you can also have an herb box (basil, cilantro, thyme etc).
If you are really interested in the book let me know! I might be able to get you a copy (we know the publisher).
Also, I know you dont have a tv but do you have netflix? There is a superb documentary called The Garden
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1252486/
its about a community urban garden in South Central LA. It's a must see :)
I'm with superhappyjohi I too wish I could have a garden like yours. I bet you put so much work into it.
Your little girl is beautiful. Long live good mamas who expose their kids to nature. That John Muir quote made me want to cry. Your posts are so beautiful! Have a wonderful day.
I did! I finally figured out how to change it (I am not blogger savy AT ALL). I just read you are back in Iowa? Are you glad to be back in the states? <3
Oh, Kathleen! She is so precious! I wish I would have a garden like that!
ReplyDeleteThank you! We were getting on each others nerves yesterday so we went out side and I just let her get muddy :) It was good for both our our souls. You should read One Magic Square its a great book on gardening in small spaces.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.amazon.com/One-Magic-Square-Organic-3-Foot/dp/1615190120
how is your little rooftop garden doing by the way?
ooooo so jealous of your winter garden, i only have green onions left, but i'm planning out my spring garden, so sweet tht you are getting violet involved in her food
ReplyDeletehaha!! She's so cute. I was just trying to figure out how I will have time to start seeds this spring.
ReplyDeleteHow - sweet! I love these photos!
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh, these photos are so cute! she looks like a rabbit hopping around the garden. :)
ReplyDeletei need to check out that book you recommended to superhappyjohi. we have a teeny square of dirt in our front courtyard and we've been trying to decide what to do with it. we thought about a little garden, but you know, it's southern CA and that might be too much work. but i love the idea of walking outside and collecting food for dinner.
kim, my dad grew up in burbank literally a few blocks from WB studios. My grandpa grew vegetables that always did so well, it was the perfect little urban garden. You can TOTALLY do it. Do you like tomatoes? They do really well in LA weather, you can also have an herb box (basil, cilantro, thyme etc).
ReplyDeleteIf you are really interested in the book let me know! I might be able to get you a copy (we know the publisher).
Also, I know you dont have a tv but do you have netflix? There is a superb documentary called The Garden
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1252486/
its about a community urban garden in South Central LA. It's a must see :)
wow i just watched the trailer for the first time in a while and I got chilllss!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi978912025/
I'm with superhappyjohi I too wish I could have a garden like yours. I bet you put so much work into it.
ReplyDeleteYour little girl is beautiful. Long live good mamas who expose their kids to nature. That John Muir quote made me want to cry. Your posts are so beautiful! Have a wonderful day.
Thanks Damaris! It's a lot of fun, both my husband and I come from families that grew their own food. It must be in our blood.
ReplyDeleteI love that quote by John Muir, I'm reading his book right now, it's really powerful.
If you are interested in having a little garden of your read One Magic Square!
Where do you live that you have such a lovely garden? I love it ... and the pictures of your daughter are adorable.
ReplyDeleteThank you!We live in sunny California :](central California to be exact.)
ReplyDeletewhat a darling little gardener!
ReplyDeleteI guess I haven't been to your blog in a while, you changed your template? I love it!
I did! I finally figured out how to change it (I am not blogger savy AT ALL). I just read you are back in Iowa? Are you glad to be back in the states? <3
ReplyDeleteso adorable, these would be the memories both of you will cherish as she gets older.
ReplyDeletethanks huda, and welcome :)
ReplyDelete