Thursday, September 3, 2009
" You're Turning Violet, Violet..."
After a full day and night's worth of labor, the doctor finally decided it was time for a c-section. I didn't get to see her right away after the surgery, but I did hear her little shouts and gasps for air. Needless to say I was really sedated, a little apprehensive about what exactly happened on the other side of that blue sheet covering my abdominal section. Finally the doctor and Jake brought my newly naked screaming daughter, who, happened to be a shade of Violet herself. I looked at her, not knowing how I was going to react but wanting to calm her cries I plainly said, "Violet.." Like a quick and silent wind that brushes away debris, she stopped crying. I was so happy she knew my voice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Makes me cry. So sweet
ReplyDeleteso poetically written. love it.
ReplyDelete